2.28.2006

MBTI Type II

Last Saturday:
I took the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Type II test with several friends. The effort required to suspend that very vocabulary was enormous. Type I had 72 questions, Type II has 176. This is phenomenal.

My idol of self-knowledge (unattainable, I know) appears to be not so much narcissism as an obsession with developing a schematic understanding of precisely how one can have a sense of "belonging" in community. MBTI is particularly useful in standardizing a shared vocabulary with which to encapsulate a particular subset of this kind of information, so it can be communicated more expediently. As such, it helps to move beyond just "you are different from me" to hows and whys of difference, expressed in a systematic way.

This is exactly what drives all the Sensor-Feeler people nuts.


Also, Lent didn't start last Wednesday. It starts this Wednesday. God gets an extra week of self-denial.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home