3.02.2006

Hit by a car


Terraform #1 // Subject: Tim F. // 11x14" c-print

Tonight while riding my bike back from my Color II class, I was broadsided by an oncoming car as it turned left at 42nd and Spruce streets. I was thrown against the windshield and then rolled up onto the roof, where I remained for a few seconds as the car continued moving through the intersection. The bike flew all the way across the street. After I regained my presence of mind (I was badly stunned) I jumped off the car roof and immediately started looking for my bike. By the time I grabbed it out of the street the car had disappeared. Five people saw this happen, but no one got the license plate of the hit-and-run driver. Someone asked if I wanted them to call 911, but I said no. Then they said I was "really badass."

I have no injuries to speak of, and nothing I was carrying was damaged. The bike, however, got maimed, and despite being able to repair most of the damage, I will probably need a new front fork and possibly a new wheel. Luckily, this will only require magically conjuring some money out of mid-air.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home